While you could use just about any ice cream and gluten free cake combination to make an ice cream cake like this, but I used my own recipes to make a nutrient dense dessert! It’s not overly sweet, and contains a dozen eggs along with other delicious and nutritious ingredients. My only complaint using my recipes is that the cake tends to dry out a little in the freezer, so if you have a more desirable choice for a frozen gluten free cake feel free to substitute! It’s also gluten and dairy free, so very appropriate for those with food allergies.
-Your favorite ice cream or a double batch of Anti-Stress Double Chocolate Ice Cream
-Your favorite gluten free cake recipe or one layer of Deep Chocolate Cake cooled and still in the springform pan
-Frosting of choice (optional)
-Chocolate bar or chips for topping (like this)
Gluten Free Ice Cream Cake Instructions:
1) Make 1 layer of gluten free cake in a 9-inch springform pan. Be sure you lined the bottom with parchment and the sides with butter or coconut oil.
2) Remove the cake from the oven and let cool for at least 2 hours. Then move it to the fridge or freezer for at least 20 minutes to cool the surface of the cake and get it ready to meet the ice cream.
3) When your double batch of ice cream is ready, add parchment lining to your springform pan to help keep the ice cream from freezing to the pan.
4) Now get ready to act FAST. Carefully spoon the ice cream into the cold/lined springform pan on top of the cake layer. Smooth it as much as you can and transfer it to your freezer immediately.
5) If it needs additional smoothing, but the ice cream is starting to melt, try again after leaving it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
6) Apply an additional layer of your frosting of choice (optional). I whipped up a simple layer of coconut milk buttercream frosting, but any will do!
7) Top with chocolate chip chunks and/or shavings.