Did you know that mineral imbalances may account for 80-90% of health issues? If you’ve already got your diet and lifestyle on track, but you still don’t feel quite right, hair analysis may provide you with the missing piece you’ve been looking for!
What is hair analysis?
Hair Analysis provides a unique snapshot into your body, showing you a stress and energy profile. A hair analysis can help indicate where one is on the energy continuum while assessing mineral status. It can also detect imbalances sooner than blood tests show them and show you early trends toward health problems.
How do mineral imbalances occur?
- Diet – Processed food, fad diets, eating too little, and depleted soil can all contribute to mineral imbalances.
- Stress – Stress causes your body to not only waste certain minerals, but also can reduce your body’s ability to absorb and assimilate nutrients from your food.
- Medications – Medications can deplete your body of certain minerals. Click here to look up your medications to get an idea of what nutrients they may be depleting.
- Nutritional supplements – Did you know that taking one mineral supplement can have a cascading effect on other minerals? Hair analysis can help to bring your mineral levels back in balance after abusing nutritional supplements.
- Environment/pollution– Throughout your lifespan, you’re exposed to countless toxins, particularly toxic metals like cadmium (cigarette smoke), lead (hair dyes, cosmetics), nickel (hydrogenated oils), aluminum (antiperspirants, cookware), mercury (amalgam fillings), and copper (cookware).
- Inherited imbalances – Mineral deficiencies and/or excesses can be inherited from your parents.
What does hair analysis tell you?
- Test levels for 36 elements including: Calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, copper, zinc, phosphorus, iron, manganese, chromium, selenium, boron, cobalt, germanium, molybdenum, sulfur, uranium, arsenic, beryllium, mercury, cadmium, lead, aluminum, barium, bismuth, rubidium, lithium, nickel, platinum, thallium, vanadium, strontium, tin, titanium, tungsten, and zirconium.
- What supplements you should actually be taking, so you can stop wasting your money on those you don’t need!
- If you have thyroid or adrenal insufficiency
- What your metabolic type is
How does it work?
- Intake paperwork (health history + disclaimer)
- Hair sample collection for the lab (ladies – don’t worry, it’s only about 1 teaspoon of new hair growth)
- Hair analysis results + 30 minute one-on-one consultation to go over your results*
- Your custom mineral balancing recommendations
- Follow up and re-test every 3-4 months
Ready to learn more?
Because a hair tissue mineral analysis plan is supplement based, I see it as the icing on the cake to your healthy lifestyle. If you don’t already have a stellar diet in place, I highly recommend working through one of my nutrition programs first. Your success with a mineral balancing protocol is dependent on a strong nutrition foundation. Hair analysis can’t overcome a poor diet, not eating enough/calorie restriction, fad diets, or a vegan lifestyle.
Hair Analysis Intro Test
- Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis Testing (lab fee included)
- 30 minute one-on-one consultation
- Custom supplement plan to target your mineral imbalances
The Wealthy Metabolism eCourse + Hair Analysis
- Five-week eCourse, self-study from your own home
- Five lessons, action plans +bonuses!
- Hair Analysis Intro Test (see above for all included)
The Metabolism FastTrack Program + Hair Analysis
- Six-week program, education + one-on-one support
- Hair Analysis Intro Test
- Results faster and better than you can get on your own!
*Nutritional Therapy is not covered by any insurance plan.
Frequently asked questions:
“How much hair is needed for hair analysis?”
Only about one full teaspoon or 125 milligrams of fresh hair growth is needed for hair analysis, an amount that can easily be collected from the crown and/or nape area of your scalp without being obvious. A scale is provided in the test kit to ensure the correct amount in collected. The newest hair growth (1-1.5 inches) is needed to show what is going on in your body most recently, as hair cut from the ends would show what was happening in your body several years ago depending on hair length.
“I color my hair, can I still do hair analysis?”
Yes- but because permed, dyed, bleached, or chemically treated can contaminate your results, it is best to collect new the new virgin growth between hair colorings for the most accurate results. IE. if you get your hair done every 6 weeks, collect the new growth from closest to the root right before you get your next coloring. If you need to delay your hair test because of hair coloring, that’s okay too!
“How does the process work?”
Within a week of your purchase, you’ll receive your test kit in the mail and detailed instructions on how to prepare your hair as well as how to gather the sample. Then your hair gets sent into the lab, and the results are typically ready for me within 1-2 weeks, so we can schedule a call to go over your results at that time. After our call together, I send over a customized mineral balancing plan for you to put into practice right away.
“Can I use hair from another part of my body?”
Yes- but the results are not as accurate so it is not recommended. Do not send hair into the lab from any place other than the scalp without clearing it with me first!
“I live outside the U.S., can I still work with you?”
Yes, just reach out to me and we can talk about how it works.