Who says smelling delicious has to be toxic? Here is a VERY EASY way to make your own DIY roll-on perfume at home using essential oils! You can use any essential oil (or blend) you want, but I chose to make mine using: vanilla, lime and lavender. The great thing about using essential oils is that they not only smell so wonderful, they actually have wonderful beneficial properties that can help you relax, calm, de-stress, and uplift your mood (depending on which ones you use). Because essential oils can be expensive, you may want to read this post about how to save $$ and get them at wholesale prices!
Some of my favorite combinations for roll-on perfume are:
- 50:50 combo of Vanilla/Lavender (perfect for bedtime)
- 75:25 combo of Grapefruit/Peppermint (very relaxing, this one smells like a liquid daydream!)
- 90:10 combo of Lime/Clove (helps ease the feelings of stress)
Fractionated coconut oil (like this)
Jojoba oil (like this)
Essential oils of choice, I used a vanilla/lavender blend, and lime (where to find essential oils at wholesale prices)
Roll on tubes 10ml (like this)
Dropper (optional, like this)
1) Fill each 10ml roll-on perfume bottle with the following:
- 1.5 tsp fractionated coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp jojoba oil
- 12-25 drops of high quality essential oil of your choice (use more if you want a stronger perfume, I prefer it more subtle)
2) Snap on the roller
3) Shake as needed to combine.
What are your favorite essential oils and/or combinations? Please share in the comments!
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before starting any treatment for a medical condition. Butter Nutrition, LLC shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this site.