Who says smelling delicious has to be toxic? Here is a VERY EASY way to make your own DIY roll-on perfume at home using essential oils! You can use any essential oil (or blend) you want, but I chose to make mine using: vanilla, lime and lavender. The great thing about using essential oils is that they not only smell so wonderful, they actually have wonderful beneficial properties that can help you relax, calm, de-stress, and uplift your mood (depending on which ones you use). Because essential oils can be expensive, you may want to read this post about how to save $$ and get them at wholesale prices in a starter kit!
Some of my favorite combinations for roll-on perfume are:
- 50:50 combo of Vanilla/Lavender (perfect for bedtime)
- 75:25 combo of Grapefruit/Peppermint (very relaxing, this one smells like a liquid daydream!)
- 90:10 combo of Lime/Clove (helps ease the feelings of stress)
Fractionated coconut oil (like this)
Jojoba oil (like this)
Essential oils of choice, I used a vanilla/lavender blend, and lime (where to find essential oils at wholesale prices)
Roll on tubes 10ml (like this)
Dropper (optional, like this)
1) Fill each 10ml roll-on perfume bottle with the following:
- 1.5 teaspoon fractionated coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon jojoba oil
- 12-25 drops of high quality essential oil of your choice (use more if you want a stronger perfume, I prefer it more subtle)
2) Snap on the roller
3) Shake as needed to combine.
Where to find high quality oils?
If you're looking to get started with essential oils, the best thing to do is buy a starter kit (at wholesale). You can also grab oils online at retail prices if you so choose. I personally love the starter kits because they come with a variety of oils and a diffuser!
What are your favorite essential oils and/or combinations? Please share in the comments!