If you make it a point to eat organic and/or real food, you might find that there are some things only you seem to understand. Your friends might find your mindfulness around food a little unnecessary and/or extravagant. Deep down, however, you know it’s crucial to vote with your fork for the issues that matter; in this case what’s on your plate.
How many of these 14 things only real food eaters understand apply to you?
1) The frustration when you read a research study bashing milk, but actually READ and see that “Michaëlsson and colleagues did not distinguish between low fat and full fat milk.” I mean, you can’t put raw grass-fed milk and low fat commercial milk in the same category. C’mon people!
2) The rush of rage you feel because GMO foods are the largest experiment on humans ever and it is totally irreversible. Who approves this $%!&?
3) That feeling of disappointment when you see egg yolks that are a sad shade of yellow at a restaurant and not the bright healthy orange shade you’re used to. They clearly didn’t come from the farmer’s market!
4) The way you can’t help but roll your eyes when you see meal replacement shakes like Advocare getting marketed as healthy. When did highly processed powdered food with additives, fillers, and synthetic nutrients do anything good for anyone (except to pad the wallets of the manufacturer)?
5) You have to practice self-control to avoid speaking up about the harmfulness of un-fermented soy every time you see tofu in a shopping cart or a soy latte ordered… It’s really hard to keep quiet!
6) It depresses you when a news article focuses on the good that the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is doing feeding people in Africa, because you know they’re feeding them GMO foods. A risky experiment 🙁
7) You have a hard time finding a doctor because it can feel impossible to find someone who doesn’t push pills, has an open mind about natural alternatives, and shares your point of view on health.
8) The look on your face when someone asks you to buy margarine at the store is like nothing they’ve ever seen…
9) Not knowing what’s in your food or where it came from REALLY freaks you out.
11) Farmed seafood creeps you out almost as much as GMOs…
12) The disgust you feel when people pay more attention to the calorie count than the ingredients on food labels.
13) The freedom that comes in taking PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for your health and not putting it the hands of anyone with the letters MD next to their name.
14) You’re never shocked by your grocery bill, because you know high quality food is the best health insurance you can buy!
Photo Credit: Depositphotos.com/dreamerve