Over the summer I found myself with an abundance of beets and got inspired to make a beet blush. So off I went, slicing, dehydrating, and vita-mixing the beets into the finest powder I could. The results were good (maybe for red sprinkles), but not great enough for beet blush. I was not able to get my powder fine enough to be used without having obvious red specs. Fast forward 3 months later while grocery shopping, and I found my local grocery store selling beet powder in the bulk section– I could not resist. Below is a comparison of store bought beet powder vs. my home grind.
I love this recipe because you can make it very subtle, and it is so easy!
- Fine beet powder (like this)
- Arrowroot powder (like this)
- Old/recycled powdered blush container (like this)
- Start with 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot starch in a container.
- Add 1/8 teaspoon of beetroot powder at a time until desired color is reached. For me, I liked about 3/4 teaspoon of beet powder per the 1/2 tablespoon of arrowroot.
Are you looking for more DIY beauty ideas? You can find more here.
What brand of blush do you use or do you make your own? Please share in the comments!