It’s time for yet another beet recipe! These are nutrient dense beet brownies packed with pastured butter, beetroot, collagen, and pastured eggs. Together they make a dense, filling treat. Note: These beet brownies are not cake-like brownies.
Beet Brownie Ingredients:
3/4 cup cocoa powder (like this)
¾ cup cooked organic beets (about 1 medium beet cooked and peeled)
¾ cup +2 tb organic sugar (like this)
1 tb beet juice simple syrup (plain simple syrup or honey would work too)
¼ tsp salt
1.5 tsp vanilla extract (like this)
1.5 sticks of butter (3/4 cup)
1.5 tb collagen hydrolysate (like this)
1) Place butter in saucepan over medium heat. Heat until butter is melted.
2) In a blender combine eggs, vanilla, beet, beet juice simple syrup and mix at high-speed until mixture is thoroughly pureed (with no beet chunks).
3) Add chocolate, collagen hydrolysate, melted butter, salt & sugar to blender.
4) Line the bottom of a spring-form pan with parchment, and the sides with butter to prevent sticking.
5) Pour in batter and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out fairly clean.
6) Let cool for about 30 minutes before cutting.
7) Eat these nutrient dense beet brownies alone or top with ice cream and enjoy!