If you’ve ever wondered how to lose belly fat, I can assure you that you are in exactly the right place. Chances are you’re reading this after tireless attempts to banish belly fat through unsustainable methods that can make you feel like a failure for not being able to stick with it. You really desire to lose weight to get healthy, but your body doesn’t seem to be cooperating.
So if any of the following diets are a little TOO familiar– keep reading… this is for YOU!
-Atkins/Ketosis/low carb dieting
What do all these diets have in common? They all keep or restrict your body of certain things it needs– whether it be calories, carbohydrates, fats, protein, etc. They all work to trick the body to take a shortcut to weight loss or in this case your attempt to lose belly fat, a turn further away from health. While on these diets, you may feel like you are achieving your belly fat or weight loss goals, but it’s almost as if the excess weight is lurking in your cupboard, staring right back at you whenever you reach for a forbidden food. At some point, you lose control (food wins) and you end up right back where you were before, but often with a few extra pounds (plus a whole lot of shame, not to mention feeling like a failure!).
I’m here to tell you that it’s not your fault. The game of dieting is one where you are set up to lose. every. single. time.
They say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
So why not STOP the insanity? I want to open your mind to a NEW approach. A powerful approach. A shift in your thinking.
You need to be HEALTHY to lose weight.
That’s RIGHT! Weight loss, the CORRECT way, is achieved by working towards health as a first priority! But what does that really mean, and can you take a shortcut? The answer is no. If you focus on a multifaceted approach to get healthy, weight loss can be achieved naturally. Weight loss that is sustainable. Long lasting. Healthy. Sanity saving. Successful.
6 Steps to achieving HEALTH so you can lose belly fat sustainably
- A strong foundation- Digestion
- If your strategy for how to lose belly fat does not involve supercharging your digestion, chances are it’s missing the mark. Strong digestion sets the stage for your body to be able to break down and assimilate everything you put in your mouth. More often than not, those with belly fat are struggling with poor digestion.
- Diets that are rich in foods that drive the metabolism
- Most diets eliminate whole macro-nutrient groups to help trick your body into achieving quick weight loss (proteins, carbohydrates, and fats are all macro-nutrient groups). But that is not sustainable because the body needs all three macro-nutrient groups to achieve vibrant and long-term health.
- Healthy Detoxification: Taking out the body’s trash
- A long-lasting approach for how to lose belly fat incorporates increasing the body’s ability to detoxify or take out the trash. This means that the diet needs to include all the right nutrients to support the different phases of detoxification.
- Enough of the best metabolism nourishing foods
- If you are missing just a few key nutrients, it can hinder your body’s ability to produce energy leaving you lethargic, fatigued and unable to achieve a healthy weight.
- The right supplements (and not the synthetic kind)
- From my work as a Nutritional Therapist, I often see supplements harm MORE than help because they are not being used properly or they are not a good fit for the body they are going into! Learning to use food in a powerful way is much more beneficial.
- A strategic plan customized to fit YOUR individual needs, and designed to work with where your body is at NOW.
- That’s the problem with most things you’ll read online or in an e-book. They are not targeted directly towards you. They may not take into account how well your digestion is working, your lifestyle, and health history. They may not even address the areas in your body that are experiencing the most stress and therefore need extra support.
Whatever your strategy is for how to lose belly fat, just make sure that it is something that pushes your body in the RIGHT direction (towards health). Focus your direction on increasing your nutritional abundance that lets you play on the same team as your body and cravings (not against!), so you can finally make progress! NOT a diet plan that makes your body, cravings, and your desires the enemy– because that is a battle you will always lose.
Need even MORE help navigating your belly fat?
Subscribe below to gain instant access to my interview: Why Your Metabolism Was Fast, But Now It’s Slow. You’ll learn a ton of my best metabolism boosting strategies!
What’s your strategy for how to lose belly fat? Is it working? Please share in the comments!