Simple, seasonal and delicious are the best words to describe this butternut squash soup recipe! Because squash is very easy to digest and nutrient dense, this butternut squash soup is a perfect way to nourish your family!
Butternut Squash Soup Ingredients:
1 large butternut squash
2 stalks celery
salt to taste
1 cup chicken bone broth (you could use chicken stock as a substitute bone broth)
3-4 cups water (to reach desired consistency)
2 tb refined coconut oil (where to find coconut oil)
2 tb butter
1) Cut the butternut squash in half and remove seeds.
2) Roast at 400 degrees for about 50-60 minutes or until soft and tender.
3) Chop onion, celery & carrot. Saute onion in coconut oil over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes.
4) Add carrot and celery and continue to saute for about 10-15 more minutes.
5) Add bone broth, squash, water and bring to a simmer.
6) Transfer butternut squash soup to high powdered blender (like this) and blend till smooth.
7) Finish butternut squash soup with butter and salt to taste.