Simple, seasonal and delicious are the best words to describe this butternut squash soup recipe! Because squash is very easy to digest and nutrient dense, this butternut squash soup is a perfect way to nourish your family!
Simple Butternut Squash Soup
A simple butternut squash soup recipe made with bone broth and cream.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 medium onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- salt to taste (around 1 ½ teaspoons)
- 1 cup chicken bone broth (you could use chicken stock as a substitute bone broth)
- 3-4 cups water (to reach desired consistency)
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil (where to find coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons butter or ½ cup heavy cream (if you eat dairy)
1) Cut the butternut squash in half and remove seeds.
2) Roast at 400 degrees for about 50-60 minutes or until soft and tender.
3) Chop onion, celery & carrot. Sauté onion in coconut oil over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes.
4) Add carrot and celery and continue to sauté for about 10-15 more minutes.
5) Add bone broth, squash, water and bring to a simmer for around 15-20 minutes.
6) Transfer butternut squash soup to high powdered blender (like this) and blend till smooth.
7) Finish butternut squash soup with butter or cream and salt to taste.
Thank you for this recipe. I am new to your website. I jumped right in by making this tonight, Christmas Eve. It is easy yet amazing. I am adding it to my favorites. I am enjoying it with smoked paprika; hubby added yellow curry. Both are out of this world!
Thanks Rachael! I'm glad you enjoyed it 😉