Sometimes you just need a quick chocolate dessert [like this chocolate lava cake] that is as easy as it is delicious! Oh yeah, did I mention that this gluten free chocolate lava cake is also rich in magnesium, fat soluble vitamins, and protein?
No guilt here, just abundant nutrition 🙂 Plus, it has a warm gooey center makes it the perfect pair with ice cream!
Read on and whip up this recipe ASAP.
- 4 tablespoons organic (or pastured) butter
- 4 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons organic sugar (like this) or coconut sugar (I blend my sugar in a Vitamix blender to make it super fine for dessert making)
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder (like this)
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour (like this)
- 2 organic egg whites (beaten with a stick blender till peaks form)
- 4 organic egg yolks
- 1/8 teaspoon rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- small pinch of salt
- Chocolate shavings (like this)
- Over medium heat in a double boiler, combine chocolate chips, butter and sugar until melted. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl beat 2 egg whites using a stick blender to form stiff peaks.
- Add egg yolks and fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Add cacao powder, coconut flour, salt and vinegar.
- Grease 2-3 small ramekins or short glass mason jars with butter and fill with chocolate batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 14-16 minutes until top is just barely set. Do not overcook, or you will lose the gooey center and have more of a dense brownie!
- Top with chocolate shavings and your favorite dairy or non-dairy ice cream and enjoy!
What’s your favorite chocolate lava cake recipe? Please share in the comments!