This gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe is the end to all of the bad gluten free recipes I’ve tried over the years! And there have been a lot of them that have completely missed the mark…
I’ve tired many of these crappy gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipes in my lifetime… from those made completely with almond flour to bean flour, to vegan ones filled with loads of xanthan gum, guar gum, flax, etc. All of these recipes leave a lot to be desired. Until this one.
This one even passed the test with my mom, who is extremely, extremely picky. If she couldn’t tell it was gluten free, you probably won’t either — and I think that’s the way it’s supposed to be 🙂
Adapted from Tate’s Bake Shop Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon sweet rice flour (like this) and 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Pamela's All Purpose Baking Mix (like this) OR 1 cup sweet white rice flour
- 1 tablespoon collagen powder (like this)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter (or unsalted butter with an extra pinch of salt)
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar (like this)
- 1/3 cup organic light brown sugar (like this) or coconut sugar (like this)
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (like this)
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (like this)
1) Mix dry ingredients together: rice flour, collagen, baking soda and salt.
2) In a separate bowl cream together butter, both kinds of sugar and vanilla. Add egg.
3) Combine dry and wet ingredients together.
4) Stir in chocolate chips.
5) Using a baking sheet covered in parchment paper, drop 1 tablespoon of batter for each cookie.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes.
TIP: Double the recipe and store the dough rolled up in parchment paper in your freezer for instant cookies any time!
What’s your favorite gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe?