6 tablespoons coconut palm sugar (like this)
⅓ cup coconut milk (like this)
2 tablespoons water
½ teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
1) Combine water, palm sugar, and coconut milk together in a sauce pan over medium heat.
2) Stir occasionally as you watch and wait for it to come to a boil.
3) After reaching a boiling point, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 20-25 minutes.
4) Finish caramel sauce by stirring in vanilla and salt to taste.
5) Let the caramel sauce cool, and store in fridge.
Photo Credit: Depositphotos.com/koss13
This looks great! Do you think I could sub whole milk, half & half, or heavy cream for the coconut milk in this recipe? Thanks!