Commercial mayo is full of processed man made oils. This is a quick, healthy coconut oil mayonnaise recipe you will love!
Coconut Oil Mayonnaise Recipe
A quick and healthy coconut oil mayonnaise recipe.
- ½ cup refined coconut oil (melted), could also use a mix of virgin & refined coconut oil
- ½ cup olive oil/avocado oil (I usually mix half and half)
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- ½ tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- ¼+ teaspoon natural sea salt (to taste)
- 3 egg yolks (bring the eggs to room temp before preparing)
Combine in blender until mixed:
3 egg yolks
1.5 teaspoon sugar
½ tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
¼+ teaspoon salt
1) In glass cup/measuring cup add the two oils together (totaling 1 cup of the coconut/other oil mix).
2) Starting on the lowest speed (I use speed 1 on my Vitamix) add the oil VERY SLOWLY– 1 tablespoon at a time while slowly increasing the blender speed (up to speed 6 on Vitamix). For instance, I usually bring it to a speed of 3 once I’ve added ½ of the oil, and so on.
3) When all the oil is added the mixture should have emulsified, and will continue to thicken in the fridge as the coconut oil solidifies.
The coconut oil mayonnaise will keep for about 2 weeks.
Is it safe to feed this to children? Should I be concerned about the raw egg (ie. Salmonella)?
There's a much easier way, if you have a stick blender! I use a similar recipe to yours, only with grape Seed oil instead of olive oil and a bit more ACV and some whey. Starting with your egg yokes as the first layer, put ingred in bowl in this order: Yokes, salt, xylitol or sugar, pepper, mustard, ACV kefir whey, coconut oil, grape seed or olive oil. Put blending stick into bottom and start blending! It will gradually pull the oil downward and mix everything beautifully!!! You may have to move it around at the very end to mix some that stubbornly stayed at the top. Voila! So quick and easy!!! Try it! Trust me 😉