I've got an abundance of beets in my garden right now. So many in fact, that I can’t find enough creative ways to use them fast enough! So embrace and enjoy this beet twist on my original pancake recipe!
3 small eggs
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon collagen hydrolysate (like this)
½ teaspoon vanilla (like this)
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon beet juice simple syrup
1) In a blender mix 3 small eggs.
2) Add salt, vanilla, collagen and beet juice simple syrup to combine.
3) In a pan (I use my stainless fry pan) melt the butter. When the butter melts, pour into egg mixture and blend until combined, letting some butter remain in the pan to lubricate it and keep the pancake from sticking.
4) Pour the mixture into your buttered pan on medium-low heat and wait patiently until the pancake is cooked enough to easily flip. Then flip, and cook until done.
5) Top with more beet juice simple syrup or maple syrup.
Try this out on your kids– it’s a great way to sneak MORE eggs into their diet.
Camille @My little jar of spices
What a great and original recipe! I'm obsessed with beets right now and looking for ways to innovate! Thanks for sharing!