Don’t throw your eggshells out, experiment with how to use them around your home!
Ways to use eggshell calcium:
- Use it as an abrasive element to your natural cleaning products, by adding it to a soapy water solution.
- Add a small amount of powdered eggshell calcium to the coffee grinds in your coffee maker to counteract bitter-tasting coffee.
- Sprinkle around the base of plants to allow it to act as a slow release fertilizer, as the calcium and minerals can nourish your garden!
- Combine some finely powdered eggshell calcium with an egg white for a nourishing face mask.
Eggshell Calcium Recipe:
1) Save a few dozen used eggshells.
2) Cook them at 300 degrees for about 20-25 minutes to dry them out.
3) Let cool for 30-60 minutes.
4) Blend in a coffee grinder or high-speed blender (like a Vita-mix) until you get a very fine powdered consistency (very important!)
*Note: Do not take calcium supplements (eggshell or otherwise) without having a deficiency confirmed by your healthcare practitioner via blood testing or hair tissue analysis. Most get too much calcium, not too little, making calcium supplementation a dangerous game for your health!
This post was shared at Thank Your Body Thursday, and Sunday School.
Peat, Ray. Milk in context: allergies, ecology, and some myths. 2011. Retrieved April 15, 2013 from http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/milk.shtml