Do you have health SYMPTOMS that you are trying to resolve? Are you focused on fixing the symptoms or are you interested in looking at the “bigger picture?”
What if the ANSWER was right in front of you in plain sight? However, if you are too focused on the symptoms, you might fail to see it.
The #1 root cause of symptoms is much simpler than you think. It’s a CELLULAR ENERGY DEFICIT!
Your body cannot RUN on EMPTY. For whatever reason, whether it’s low caloric intake, low nutrient intake, poor lifestyle, stress, low carbohydrates, etc.– your intake might not keep up with the demands you are put on your body every. single. day. Plain and simple. There is just NOT enough for your body to do all it needs to do to keep you SYMPTOM free.
But you think this “isn’t you”, Think again!
If you have any of the following, THIS APPLIES TO YOU:
These are all signs that your body CAN’T keep up with the daily demands you are putting on your body! Because I know that examples help, so here are some of this in action:
- Your body cannot maintain a healthy temperature of 98.6 degrees if it does not have the proper nutritional resources. Your body might adapt for SURVIVAL by lowering your body temperature.
- Can’t get pregnant? Maybe your body can’t “afford to do so” with what is coming in. Your body might have temporarily adapted by pressing the pause button on your reproductive cycle.
- Do you work out chronically and have a “slow pulse?” You might be burning MORE calories than you are taking in on a regular basis and your body has adapted by slowing your pulse to help you survive on less food.
- Can’t sleep or have INSOMNIA? Maybe you are RUNNING on stress hormones all the time because your body has exhausted its regular sources of energy. Or perhaps your body is no longer able to balance your blood sugar while you sleep so you wake up in the middle of the night because of low blood sugar.
- Can’t lose weight? It might be that your low calorie (thus low nutrient diet) has left your organs starving for energy and it has pushed your body into a famine-induced state that is telling your body to hold on to fat to help you survive. Or maybe your liver is malnourished and your body is not able to properly detoxify toxins and that is adding a toxic burden to your body?
In the words of Dr. Ray Peat, PhD,
“If we learn to see problems in terms of a general disorder of energy metabolism, we can begin to solve them.”
So let’s begin to solve the BIGGER problem instead of just chasing the symptoms we see on the surface. When you start to pay attention to your body, and what it’s trying to tell you, then you can start to reverse the vicious cycle! Focus on making sure you give your body what it needs every day (calories AND nutrients), so that your cells can begin to work more efficiently at creating energy for your whole body. Your body is a system of systems, and an increase in energy at the cell level will have a positive ripple effect throughout your WHOLE BODY. However, if you’ve been digging yourself into a deficit for YEARS, its going to take a while to dig yourself out of nutritional debt.
BOTTOM LINE: If you have a lot of chronic symptoms, your body is in SURVIVAL MODE. Time to flip the switch. Your body has LEARNED to operate this way, and you CAN teach it differently!