Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Ingredients (per 1 layer):
1/2 cup coconut flour (like this)
3/4 cup cacao powder (like this)
¼ cup honey
1/2 cup simple syrup (easier to digest than granulated sugar)
1/4 cup cocoa butter (melted) (like this)
2 tsp vanilla (like this)
2 tb gelatin collagen hydrolysate (like this)
1/4 cup chocolate chips (like this)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1) In a bowl mix together coconut flour, cocoa powder, gelatin, salt & baking soda.
2) Melt cocoa butter & honey over low heat. Add vanilla & simple syrup, and then pour and mix with flour mixture (the simple syrup is made from bringing 1.5 cups cane sugar and 1 cup water to a boil, and then let dissolve and cool).
3) In a separate bowl crack eggs and beat using a fork.
4) Add eggs to batter and stir. Then add the chocolate chips. Batter may appear slightly thin but will thicken slightly.
5) Grease springform pan with butter, or desired baking pan. This recipe makes approx 1 layer.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for about 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7) If making a layer cake, make sure to trim each layer to ensure they are flat and stackable.
For Buttercream Frosting:
1) Melt cocoa butter ever so slightly (just liquid, not hot or warm). Add room temperature butter, honey and vanilla.
2) Mix with a hand mixer until combined. If the frosting won’t set up nicely, it’s probably too warm. Let cool for a few minutes in the fridge and try whipping again.
3) Frost as desired.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before starting any treatment for a medical condition. Butter Nutrition, LLC shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this site.