Since winter is HERE and that means drier skin, I went on a buttery lip gloss making kick this last weekend. These are so fun and really simple to make, not to mention the chocolate lip gloss feels like you’re smearing liquid peppermint brownie all over your lips (highly recommended)!
- Chapstick or lip gloss containers (like this)
- Colored paper, ribbon, tape, nail polish to decorate (optional)
1 tb coconut oil (where to find coconut oil)
1 tb cocoa butter (like this)
1 tb beeswax (2 tsp for a softer butter, like this)
1 tsp cacao powder (for chocolate, optional, like this)
2-4 drops essential oil, I used peppermint (optional, where to find essential oils at wholesale prices)
5 drops progest E (optional)
1) Finely chop cocoa butter, measure 1 tablespoon.
2) Finely chop beeswax, measure 1 tablespoon.
3) Combine in saucepan coconut oil, cocoa butter, beeswax, and cacao powder (optional). Allow to melt, stir, pour in chapstick or lip gloss containers to cool and harden.
4) Let chapstick/lip gloss cool for about 5-10 minutes before decorating.
*1 recipe makes approximately 4 containers of lip butter.