There is no better way to put all of my favorite things together in one glass than in this mocha frappe recipe! Cacao powder supplies a hefty source of magnesium, collagen provides anti-inflammatory protein, coconut milk supplies healthy fat, and coffee is, well, essential. Blend this up and you may find yourself dropping your daily Starbucks habit. Plus, enjoy getting a nutrient dense snack in a glass, as this covers all the bases – protein, carbohydrates and fat.
While I make mine version with homemade coconut milk, you could of course make it with your own milk of choice.
Homemade Mocha Frappe Recipe
Prep time: 2 minutes
Blend time: 20 seconds
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 cup homemade coconut milk (recipe here)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cacao powder (like this)
- 1- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup (depends on how sweet you like it)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons or 1 scoop of collagen powder (like this)
- 2-4 coffee ice cubes (just freeze your leftover drip coffee in ice cube trays, I use decaf)
- Topping of choice (optional, only if you are feeling fancy)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth, about 20-30 seconds.
- Top with your choice of whip cream and chocolate shavings if desired.
What’s your go-to coffee beverage? Please share in the comments!