Today I’m sharing the star player in my skin care routine, a DIY all natural progesterone cream! This one product replaces all others serving as a mild deodorant, body lotion, face cream, lip balm, aftershave, light sun protection, after-sun cream, inflammation calming cream, and relaxing massage oil (yes, I made a batch for my massage therapist)! Optional- you could also add a few drops of carrot seed essential oil (38-40 SPF) to provide a bit of natural SPF, and Frankincense essential oil to fight aging skin.
♥ about 3 ounces virgin coconut oil (like this)
♥ 15-20 drops of Progest E* (natural progesterone in vitamin E)
♥ 8 drops Lavender essential oil (where to find high quality essential oils at wholesale prices)
♥ (optional) 5 drops Frankincense essential oil (PS I don’t recommend using low quality essential oils on your skin since you could have an adverse reaction to additives! I trust these oils.)
1) Turn on the oven to 350, let the oven warm for 5 minutes and turn off.
2) Put a glass jar containing the coconut oil in the oven for about 5-10 minutes to melt (oven should be warm, but turned off at this point).
3) As soon as oil is melted, add Progest E and essential oil.
4) Stir, and put in a cool, dark place to cool, where the coconut oil will harden.
5) Keep in your bathroom or bedside for everyday use, and watch this light progesterone cream replace your everyday products!
Notes on Progest E:
Progest E is a natural progesterone dissolved in vitamin E for superior delivery formulated by Dr. Ray Peat, PhD. Progesterone is an anti-inflammatory hormone that is protective & healing to the body, and perfect for the skin. “For tendonitis, bursitis, arthritis, sunburn, etc., progesterone in vitamin E can be applied locally after a little olive oil has been put on the skin to make it easier to spread the progesterone solution” Ray Peat, PhD.
*This formula is not appropriate for children or some men, so please do your research, consult your doctor, or read our disclaimer.
Read more about the benefits of this particular progesterone cream from Dr. Ray Peat himself here:
What’s your beauty secret? Please tell me about it in the comments!