I know it’s no longer raspberry season, but it is very easy to find frozen organic raspberries right now to make my favorite raspberry smoothie! It’s a perfect dense packed smoothie that can help you hold on the the abundance of summer a little longer!
Raspberry Smoothie Ingredients:
- 1.5 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk (like this or this)
- 3 Tb water
- 1 Tb Collagen hydrolysate (like this)
- 2 pastured egg yolks*
- pinch of salt
- 1 tb honey (like this)
- splash of vanilla (optional)
- Combine coconut milk, water, egg yolks, collagen hydrolysate, salt & honey in a blender and blend until combined. Adding the raspberries too early can cause the egg yolk & honey to freeze before mixed thoroughly.
- Now add frozen raspberries and blend till smooth.
- Enjoy this raspberry smoothie as an antioxidant rich protein shake!
*Raw egg yolks are not appropriate for everyone. Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have a weakened immunity or a medical condition. Please do your own research and make your own choice on whether they are right for you.
What else do you like to add into your perfect raspberry smoothie?