While it’s not currently raspberry season, it is very easy to find frozen organic raspberries to make my favorite raspberry protein shake! It’s a perfect dense packed smoothie that can help you hold on the abundance of summer a little longer!
Raspberry Protein Shake Ingredients:
- 1 cup frozen organic raspberries
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk (like this or this)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons collagen hydrolysate (like this)
- 1 pastured egg yolk*
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup or honey (like this)
- splash of vanilla (optional)
- Combine coconut milk, water, egg yolks, collagen hydrolysate, salt, and honey in a blender and blend until combined. Adding the raspberries too early can cause the egg yolk and honey to freeze before mixed thoroughly.
- Then, add the frozen raspberries and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy this raspberry smoothie as an antioxidant rich protein shake!
*Raw egg yolks are not appropriate for everyone. Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have a weakened immunity or a medical condition. Please do your own research and make your own choice on whether they are right for you.
What else do you like to add into your perfect raspberry protein shake or smoothie?
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before starting any treatment for a medical condition. Butter Nutrition, LLC shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this site.