If you’ve been following for a while, you may already know that I would much rather embrace sugar as an easy to digest carbohydrate than demonize it. However, I do like to acknowledge that while it is calorically rich, it is not nutrient rich at all—very much lacking in fact. This recipe changes all that and flips a traditional simple syrup recipe around, making it much more nutrient rich than empty.
1.5 cups organic sugar
1 cup fresh beet juice
1) Chop fresh beets and run through a juicer or blend in a high-powered blender (like this) and then strain out the pulp using a mesh nut milk bag (like this).
2) In a saucepan combine sugar & beet juice. Stir to combine.
3) Over medium heat bring to a boil and then immediately remove pan from heat.
4) Let simple syrup cool at room temperature for at least 20 minutes.
5) Enjoy! The applications for beet juice simple syrup are endless (stay tuned for more recipes)!
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before starting any treatment for a medical condition. Butter Nutrition, LLC shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this site.