It’s time for yet another beet recipe! These are nutrient dense beet brownies packed with pastured butter, beetroot, gelatin, & pastured eggs. Together they make a dense, filling treat. Note: These beet brownies are not cake-like brownies.
Beet Brownie Ingredients:
3/4 cup cocoa powder (like this)
¾ cup cooked beets (about 1 medium beet cooked and peeled)
¾ cup +2 tb organic sugar (like this)
1 tb beet juice simple syrup
¼ tsp salt
1.5 tsp vanilla extract (like this)
1.5 sticks of butter (3/4 cup)
1.5 tb gelatin collagen hydrolysate (like this)
1) Place butter in saucepan over medium heat. Heat until butter is melted.
2) In a blender combine eggs, vanilla, beet, beet juice simple syrup and mix at high-speed until mixture is thoroughly pureed (with no beet chunks).
3) Add chocolate, gelatin, melted butter, salt & sugar to blender.
4) Line the bottom of a spring-form pan with parchment, and the sides with butter to prevent sticking.
5) Pour in batter and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out fairly clean.
6) Let cool for about 30 minutes before cutting.
7) Eat these nutrient dense beet brownies alone or top with ice cream and enjoy!
This post was shared at Fight Back Friday.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease, or as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your advising physician before starting any treatment for a medical condition. Butter Nutrition, LLC shall not be held liable or responsible for any misunderstanding or misuse of the information contained on this site or for any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any treatment, action, or application of any food or food source discussed in this site.