It’s time for yet another beet recipe! These are nutrient dense beet brownies packed with pastured butter, beetroot, gelatin, & pastured eggs. Together they make a dense, filling treat. Note: These beet brownies are not cake-like brownies.
Beet Brownie Ingredients:
3/4 cup cocoa powder (like this)
¾ cup cooked organic beets (about 1 medium beet cooked and peeled)
¾ cup +2 tb organic sugar (like this)
1 tb beet juice simple syrup (plain simple syrup or honey would work too)
¼ tsp salt
1.5 tsp vanilla extract (like this)
1.5 sticks of butter (3/4 cup)
1.5 tb collagen hydrolysate (like this)
1) Place butter in saucepan over medium heat. Heat until butter is melted.
2) In a blender combine eggs, vanilla, beet, beet juice simple syrup and mix at high-speed until mixture is thoroughly pureed (with no beet chunks).
3) Add chocolate, collagen hydrolysate, melted butter, salt & sugar to blender.
4) Line the bottom of a spring-form pan with parchment, and the sides with butter to prevent sticking.
5) Pour in batter and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out fairly clean.
6) Let cool for about 30 minutes before cutting.
7) Eat these nutrient dense beet brownies alone or top with ice cream and enjoy!
This post was shared at Fight Back Friday.