This raw milk ice cream recipe is so satisfying and nutritious! I often use it as a dinner substitute when I am too lazy to cook. Note: This is a no-heat recipe.
Combine in blender:
- 6 pastured egg yolks (choose organic or pastured eggs when consuming raw)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (like this)
- ¾ cup sugar (or maple syrup)
- 2-3 teaspoons vanilla (like this)
- 1 cup raw milk
- 1-2 tablespoons collagen hydrolysate (like this)
Blend until combined.
Then add 3 cups of raw cream or non-homogenized pasteurized heavy cream if you can't find raw. Blend VERY gently until combined. You want to barely combine the cream without whipping the ice cream and creating too much air in the base.
Put in an ice cream maker and enjoy! I use this raw milk ice cream recipe as a vanilla base, and alter it slightly with the following to make different flavors:
- Coffee ice cream: 3 teaspoons decaf instant espresso, 1 tablespoon coffee extract (like this)
- Chocolate ice cream: ½+ cup cocoa power (like this)
- Chocolate chip mint ice cream: crushed chocolate chips (I like chopping this), and blend in a handful of mint leaves.
- Maple walnut ice cream: eliminate vanilla, use maple syrup as sweetener, and add crushed walnuts.
- Salted caramel ice cream: adjust salt to about 2 teaspoons. Melt 1 cup white sugar on medium until liquefied, then immediately add 1 cup of cream and stir until caramel creates a silky sauce. Let sauce cool completely before adding to the ice cream base (to avoid cooking the egg yolks). The caramel sauce takes a little practice to perfect.