Have I ever mentioned how much I love fresh juice, especially in my red sangria? And with this simple Spiced Red Sangria recipe, I can't think of a better way to enjoy fresh juice on a beautiful summer night! But back to juice... here's just a few reason fresh juices really are amazing:
- Fresh juices are very pro-metabolic and nourish the thyroid
- They are very easy to digest, and fresh juice is easy on those suffering from poor digestion
- It is rich in vitamins and minerals (if raw and unadulterated)
- Chances are, I’m not going to eat 10 oranges every day, but I can drink it! It's a great way to get your vitamin C and potassium without taking a supplement!
However, I'm not just talking about any old juice. Always keep the following in mind:
- Fresh pressed or juiced is best, if possible
- Choose Organic, 100% juice without vitamins and additives
- Always read your labels-- there should not be any hidden additives inside
- If your digestion is poor, choosing “pulp free” versions is a must!
So grab a bottle of wine, some fresh juices, throw together this delicious spiced red sangria recipe, and enjoy it as you hold on to what's left of summer :). Now, I like to use fresh juices in my red sangria recipe. Because I don't own a juicer (if I did, it would be this one), I blend fresh fruit in my high-speed blender (like this), and then I strain it using a nut milk bag (like this)-- works perfectly!
Spiced Red Sangria Recipe:
- 1 bottle Spanish red wine (I used Tempranillo, a Spanish varietal)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons apple juice (fresh pressed or pure unadulterated juice without additives)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons pineapple juice (fresh pressed or pure unadulterated juice without additives)
- 1 whole apple, cored and sliced
- ¼ cup pineapple chunks sliced (optional)
- 2-4 tablespoons simple syrup (1:2 ratio water to sugar) to taste
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- Combine wine, juice, fruit, cinnamon sticks and cloves in a large glass pitcher.
- Add 2-4 tablespoons of simple syrup to taste. I used 4 tablespoons, but it will largely depend on your preference and your wine selection.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 8-12 hours.
- Remove cloves and cinnamon.
- Pour this spiced red sangria over ice and serve!
What's your favorite red sangria recipe? Please share in the comments!